Day Four - Valletta and beyond

Valletta is where the main bus station is so most of my journeys, using my trusted Oyster Card to through or change at Valletta.  Today, I was going to take the boat across Valletta harbour to go to the three cities. However, Mother Nature decided to put a spoke in the wheel of that plan as it was too windy and all the boats had been cancelled.  It did look choppy. However, there was a huge cruise ship in and Valletta was so busy.  I remember my friend Jackie in 
More Valletta art - I do like this one
Wellington, New Zealand saying the same happens there when there is a ship in, you cannot move for tourists (says she who is a tourist herself).


So I had to have a change of plan and decided to go to Marsaxlokk, a beautiful fishing village.  I must have got on and off three different buses to get there, but hey the girl did good and found it.  I like getting off the stop earlier and then  mooching around, far better.  Marsaxlokk was well worth the effort. It was so beautiful and hardly any tourists there (it is getting to the end of the season now). I sat and watched the fishing boats bopping up and down, whilst reading my book. It was just so relaxing.

I decided, as I normally do when I am travelling, to treat myself to a slap up
Such a lovely meal 
meal. It got me thinking of all the lovely food I have tasted all over the world: the wonderful Mossman Curry and rice at Jenny's in Bangkok, the gorgeous coffee in both Australia and New Zealand. My meal at Doyle's overlooking Sydney Harbour, the scrumptious chocolate torte in Vienna and now, the enormous sea food platter at Marsaxlokk with a glass of my favourite French
Lovely Marsaxlokk
wine.  I did not want this meal to end and at one point I did not think it would as there was so much there: prawns, mussels, clams, squid, whitebait, octopus sigh.  It was truly wonderful and I told them so too. I did ask if they did delivery to London.  I will let you guess the answer to the one.


I walked along the seafront again and did not really want to go, but had to drag myself away. On another bus I thought I would just see where it takes me.  It took me to the hospital!  It looks very nice, five star hotel from the outside. Changed buses and back to, yes you have guessed it, Valletta and on to another bus just to see where I ended up.  I had to smile as usual, I found the only prison on the
Isla
Island. This always happens. I found the one in HK, NZ, Thailand, Cambodia and now Malta. You really could not make this up.  Ended up at a place called Isla. It was OK, but by now it was a bit chilly for summer clothes and it was getting cloudy so I decided to make track back home.


I have a busy day tomorrow, so tonight will be just relaxing in my room, writing this blog, planning my journey for tomorrow.

As always, with my love x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Six - Birkakara - Home

Day Five - Gozo